Designing a luxury home can be an enjoyable experience. At first glance, luxury homeowners may not be aware of everything that goes into the building process.
That is why at Kastler Construction, we strive to build and design elegant homes for our clients. We want a blend of form and function that will create ideal livability within your home. There are many reasons to immerse yourself in the design process to truly make the house your own.
With our experience and knowledge, we’re here to turn your vision into a reality. It is expected that with luxury home building comes expertise from various professionals. Our experience with luxury home building will provide you with the assurance that you are receiving the highest quality of service.
Communication and flexibility should also be taken into consideration when building a luxury home. Good communication is key to making the design process an enjoyable experience. As the homeowner, you want to make sure your goals and preferences are made to the architect and designer. We can work with your architect if you have one, or you can work with ours. We have the staff to handle everything! We can handle the entire designing, planning and building process from start to finish.
Flexibility is something that may also come up when designing a luxury home. Custom home building can be unpredictable and changes to the design may be necessary. While keeping your goals in mind, be open to the adjustments or changes that may need to take place.
The last thing to keep in mind when designing a custom luxury home is to take your time. Even though everyone is excited to get the process started, these things take time and you don’t want to rush the process.
Make your decisions carefully and take the time to consider all your options. This will be the luxury home that you will be happy to enjoy for years to come.
If you are unsure of what exactly you want to accomplish in your new luxury home, take a look at these 5 design ideas to implement in your custom, luxury home.
- 1. Spacious floor plans: Open-concept layouts with multi-functional spaces are a must in luxury homes. Being able to have great sightlines through your house makes it a perfect space for entertaining guests. This also includes incorporating roms such as home offices, workout rooms, and indoor-outdoor living spaces.
- 2. Kitchen design: Luxury homeowners require high-end appliances and finishes, as well as functional and elegant storage solutions. Sleek and minimalist kitchen design is one route to go, often with a neutral color palette and natural materials such as wood and stone.
- 3. Bathroom design: Spa-like bathrooms with high-end finishes, freestanding tubs, and large walk-in showers are almost a must in every custom build. Two separate vanities, heated floors and smart toilets are also common requests for items in the bathroom.
- 4. Lighting design: LED lighting is becoming more popular in luxury homes, as it is energy-efficient and can be customized to create different moods and ambiances. Smart home technology integration is also being requested by luxury homeowners, allowing them to control lighting, temperature, and other features remotely. Being able to turn off everything from your phone is becoming the new normal.
- 5. Flooring designs: Hardwood flooring is still a popular choice in luxury homes, but many homeowners are now opting for luxury tile or engineered hardwood for its durability and lower maintenance. Natural stone floorings, such as marble and limestone, are also great options.
Any of these suggestions, if not all of them, are bound to make your luxury home perfect. Confiding in the right construction company will ensure that your luxury home dreams are turned into a reality.
At Kastler Construction, our custom home builders can build your luxury home of your dreams. If you’re planning on building a new home, give us a call at (248) 655-5580. We will be happy to talk with you about the process and answer any questions you may have. Request your consultation today.